Keep On Moving

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Do's & Don'ts of Leggings, Jeggings, and Tights

     Hello All, it has been forever. I am in the process of revamping my blog and along with setting up my online store so bare with me throughout this process. The launch should take place on January 1st!!! so be on the look out. I may be putting up 1 or 2 more blogs after this before I completely stop until the New Year so be patient. Any who without any further due lets get into this blog post.

     Okay so it is the season of the infamous leggings, jeggings, and tights. I love these accessories. key word ACCESSORIES! I am going to let you all in on the correct and incorrect way on wearing theses item let's get started shall we...

DON'TS

Never ever EVER wear your leggings or tights with crop tops. Wearing a crop top with a pair of jeggings may be allowed in certain instances because the fabric is completely different but even still  be cautious. If not you are surely to have yourself looking like a hot mess and the laugh of the crowd. Some ladies get confused because they see on certain online shops and magazines this action beings done and you have to simply realize this is being done simply for editorial purposes only; just like the heel-less shoe ordeal but that's an entire other subject.

BEWARE OF THE CAMEL TOE!!!!!

I absolutely hate when I see women commit this crime. I cringe at the sight. I'm not going to go into much detail as if why you should NOT where your leggings as such, the picture should be enough. This also goes back to the entire crop top thing.







      SHOES- Sneakers and flats when wearing leggings is just plain tacky if you ask me. If I see you walking around with sneakers and leggings I hope you appear to be going to workout. This is the only time this ensemble is acceptable. I say you shouldn't wear leggings with flats because your feet look extremely flat and long. just nasty. The only time its cute to to wear flats with leggings is if they resemble chino length and its a closed to ballet type flat.


    UNDERGARMENTS- Be careful with the type of undergarments you wear. Granny panties and ruffly underwear shouldn't ever really be thought of to wear anyway but especially when it comes to leggings. This could cause your leggings to bunch up in all the wrong places and leave you looking stupid.


Sheer leggings, animal print leggings, and printed leggings are what I like to call the danger zone. Not everyone can pull these off. but here are some tops that could possibly help you too.

1. sheer leggings might as well be called tights you can not where these kind of leggings with shirts/tunics you need to wear a thigh to knee length dress with them.


 <----- DO YOU SEE THE HORRIFYING SCENE (PLEASE DO NOT REPEAT IT)

2. animal print leggings are only cute for babies

 




3. printed leggings must be worn with a solid color shirt. if the bottom has a lot going on please don't make a mockery of yourself and think you could where a matching or printed shirt as well, because you can't.












Final thing of the donts and off to to the do's.

    Leggings are not for all sizes.  This accessory is more geared to the small to medium sized women. If you are more on the curvacious side or heavier side this may not be for you. I would stick more to the jeggings and tights. Most heavier size women fail to realize just because the fabric stretches does not mean you should wear it. This accessory only makes the more curvacious woman look bigger than what she really is.
    Last but not least the trend of holey leggings is atrocious. This style should  have never been made up. if your slim you look like a druggy prostitute and if your big you look like you could burst out of the legging in any moment.

















DO'S

Wearing long sweaters, tunics, and shawls will take care majority of the above don'ts when wearing leggings. When I say long I mean upper thigh length or longer. any shorter just may be unacceptable.

Heels with leggings is the ultimate way to have your leggs to appear longer and extremely sexy.

Know your body frame. This may be the most important part in purchasing and wearing your leggings. If you know your body frame you will definitely stray away from looking like any fool.

This is finally the end of a very long informative blog of knowing the ins and outs of leggings, jeggings and tights. I hope I did not offend anyone with this blog post at the end of the day these are just my opinions and beliefs of the apparel piece. For others I hope this helps you in the next time you decided you want to put together an outfit using leggings, tights, etc. Hope you all enjoyed until next time. - AjaHoney

4 comments:

  1. This is the worst, and very opinionated. Not helpful at all.....except the holey legging part. That's an awful trend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well im glad you still took the time out to read my blog, and like I stated at the end these are just my opinions so your right this blog is very opinionated. Once againg thank you for your time hopefully you will come again. -AjaHoney

      Delete
  2. I agree with you on everything! Leggings + short shirt = NOT CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, yes, you pointed out the obvious but you should have taken your grammar more seriously. So many mistakes, ugh

    ReplyDelete